By Grant Allen
Beginning Android 4 is an replace to Beginning Android 3, initially written via Mark Murphy. it's your first step at the route to growing marketable apps for the burgeoning Android marketplace, Amazon's Android Appstore, and extra. Google’s Android operating-system has taken the by way of hurricane, going from its humble beginnings as a cellphone working approach to its present prestige as a platform for apps that run throughout a gamut of units from telephones to pills to netbooks to televisions, and the checklist is certain to develop.
shrewdpermanent builders should not sitting idly through within the stands, yet are leaping into the sport of making leading edge and salable purposes for this fast-growing, cellular- and consumer-device platform. If you’re now not within the video game but, now could be your probability!
Beginning Android 4 is clean with info at the most up-to-date new release of the Android platform. commence firstly by way of fitting the instruments and compiling a skeleton app. go through developing layouts, applying widgets, taking person enter, and giving again effects. quickly you’ll be developing leading edge functions related to multi-touch, multi-tasking, location-based characteristic units utilizing GPS.
You’ll be drawing information dwell from the net utilizing net companies and delighting your shoppers with life-enhancing apps. no longer because the workstation period first all started has there been this a lot chance for the typical developer. What are you watching for? seize your replica of Beginning Android 4 and start!
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * strengthen Java-based cellular functions and video games for quite a lot of telephones and units.
* Create person interfaces utilizing WebKit and the Android widget framework.
* construct situation- and map-based functions drawing on reside feeds over the web.
* comprise actions, providers, content material prone, and broadcast receivers into your purposes.
* help a number of Android models, a number of reveal sizes, and different device-specific features.
* construct and adventure the array of latest WebM video and different multimedia APIs for Android and extra.
Who this booklet is for
Beginning Android 4 is aimed toward programmers new to Android software improvement who wish to create marketable purposes for the burgeoning industry of telephone, pill, and different Android equipment clients.
desk of Contents * the massive photograph
* easy methods to start
* Your First Android venture
* analyzing Your First venture
* a piece approximately Eclipse
* improving Your First venture
* Rewriting Your First undertaking
* utilizing XML-Based Layouts
* using easy Widgets
* operating with bins
* The enter procedure Framework
* utilizing choice Widgets
* Getting Fancy with Lists
* nonetheless extra Widgets and packing containers
* Embedding the WebKit Browser
* employing Menus
* displaying Pop-up Messages
* dealing with task Lifecycle occasions
* dealing with Rotation
* facing Threads
* growing purpose Filters
* Launching actions and Sub-Activities
* operating with assets
* Defining and utilizing types
* dealing with a number of display Sizes
* Introducing the Honeycomb UI
* utilizing the motion Bar
* dealing with Platform adjustments
* having access to records
* utilizing personal tastes
* handling and having access to neighborhood Databases
* Leveraging Java Libraries
* speaking through the net
* companies: the speculation
* uncomplicated provider styles
* Alerting clients through Notifications
* asking for and Requiring Permissions
* getting access to Location-Based providers
* Mapping with MapView and MapActivity
* dealing with cellphone Calls
* extra improvement instruments
* The function of different Environments
* different replacement Environments
* facing units
* the place will we cross from right here?
Read Online or Download Beginning Android 4 PDF
Similar java books
Java Programming 24-Hour coach, second version is your entire beginner's advisor to the Java programming language, with easy-to-follow classes and supplemental workouts that assist you wake up and working speedy. step by step guide walks you thru the fundamentals of object-oriented programming, syntax, interfaces, and extra, prior to development upon your abilities to enhance video games, internet apps, networks, and automations.
Quick and productively enhance advanced Spring functions and microservices - out of the field - with minimum fuss on such things as configurations. This ebook will make it easier to totally leverage the Spring Boot productiveness suite of instruments and the way to use them by utilizing case reviews. seasoned Spring Boot is your authoritative hands-on functional advisor for expanding your Spring Framework-based firm Java and cloud software productiveness whereas lowering improvement time utilizing the Spring Boot productiveness suite of instruments.
The Java EE 6 educational complex issues, Fourth variation, is a task-oriented, example-driven consultant to constructing company functions for the Java Platform, company variation 6 (Java EE 6). Written by way of contributors of the Java EE 6 documentation staff at Oracle, this booklet presents new and intermediate Java programmers with a deep knowing of the platform.
- Jenkins Essentials
- Absolute Java (5th Edition)
- Pro Spring 2.5 (Books for Professionals by Professionals)
- RESTful Java Web Services
- Pro Spring 3
Additional info for Beginning Android 4
Java from the resources... dex... -package-resources: [echo] Packaging resources [aapt] Creating full resource package... apk and signing it with a debug key... debug: [echo] Running zip align on final apk... apk onto default emulator or device... apk [exec] Success BUILD SUCCESSFUL Total time: 10 seconds Note the BUILD SUCCESSFUL message at the bottom—that is how you know the application compiled successfully. When you have a clean build, in your emulator or device, open the application launcher, shown in Figure 3–5, which typically is found at the bottom of the home screen.
Xml in our project’s res/layout directory). The other difference is that we need to get our hands on our Button instance, for which we use the findViewById() call. button. Now, with the Button instance in hand, we can set the callback and set the label as needed. The results look the same as with the original Now demo, as shown in Figure 8–1. Figure 8–1. The NowRedux sample activity 61 Chapter 9 Download from Wow! com> Employing Basic Widgets Every GUI toolkit has some basic widgets: fields, labels, buttons, and so forth.
Figure 3–5. Android emulator application launcher Notice there is an icon for your Now application. Click it to open it and see your first activity in action. To leave the application and return to the launcher, press the Back button, which is located to the right of the Menu button and looks like an arrow pointing to the left. Chapter 4 Examining Your First Project The previous chapter stepped you through creating a stub project. This chapter describes what is inside of this project, so you understand what Android gives you at the outset and what the roles are for the various directories and files.