By Peter van der Linden
The number 1 creation to J2SE 1.5 and enterprise/server-side improvement!
An foreign bestseller for 8 years, simply Java 2 is the whole, available Java educational for operating programmers at all degrees. totally up-to-date and revised, this 6th variation is greater than a fascinating assessment of Java 2 general variation (J2SE 1.5) and its libraries: it’s additionally a realistic creation to today’s most sensible firm and server-side programming recommendations. simply Java 2, 6th version, displays either J2SE 1.5 and the newest Tomcat and servlet necessities. vast new assurance includes:
- New insurance of internet prone, with useful examples utilizing Google and Amazon net services
- Simplified interactive I/O with printf()
- Autoboxing and unboxing of primitive types
- Static imports, foreach loop build, and different new language features
Peter van der Linden gives you specialist recommendation, transparent causes, and crisp pattern courses throughout—including dozens new to this version. alongside the best way, he introduces:
- The center language: syntax, items, interfaces, nested sessions, compiler secrets and techniques, and masses more
- Key libraries: date and calendar, development matching, community software program, mapped I/O, utilities and common collections
- Server-side expertise: community server platforms, a whole tiny HTML internet server, and XML in Java
- Enterprise J2EE: Sql and JDBC instructional, servlets and JSP and masses more
- Client-side Java: basics of JFC/Swing GUI improvement, new category info sharing details
significant other website
All the book’s examples and pattern courses can be found at http://afu.com.
Read or Download Just Java 2 PDF
Best java books
Java Programming 24-Hour coach, second version is the whole beginner's consultant to the Java programming language, with easy-to-follow classes and supplemental workouts that assist you wake up and operating speedy. step by step guide walks you thru the fundamentals of object-oriented programming, syntax, interfaces, and extra, earlier than development upon your talents to boost video games, net apps, networks, and automations.
Quick and productively increase complicated Spring functions and microservices - out of the field - with minimum fuss on such things as configurations. This booklet will assist you to totally leverage the Spring Boot productiveness suite of instruments and the way to use them by utilizing case experiences. professional Spring Boot is your authoritative hands-on functional consultant for expanding your Spring Framework-based company Java and cloud program productiveness whereas reducing improvement time utilizing the Spring Boot productiveness suite of instruments.
The Java EE 6 educational complicated themes, Fourth version, is a task-oriented, example-driven advisor to constructing firm purposes for the Java Platform, firm version 6 (Java EE 6). Written through individuals of the Java EE 6 documentation crew at Oracle, this publication offers new and intermediate Java programmers with a deep knowing of the platform.
- Einstieg in Java 7 [eine umfassende und professionelle Einführung; mit vielen Beispielen und kommentierten Lösungen; Programmierung von GUIs, Datenbanken, dynamischen Websites u.v.m.]
- Pro Eclipse JST: Plug-ins for J2EE Development
- Essential JavaFX (Essential (Prentice Hall))
- Java 2 micro edition application development
- Java 1.2 Unleashed
- Java CAPS Basics: Implementing Common EAI Patterns
Additional resources for Just Java 2
Class data sharing A huge amount of effort has been devoted to speeding up Java and the JVM interpreter. 5 brings in a new and significant optimization called class data sharing. This technique maps most of the run-time library into the JVM as a memory image, rather than loading it from a series of class files. Although memory mapped I/O is fast (see Chapter 18 for details), it makes the process look bigger to some Windows tools (wrongly) than if you had loaded the same content through the link-loader.
Java. java at this point, the compiler will complain that it cannot find any class called ClockView. We have used ClockView but not written it yet. The compiler needs to see the bytecode for all the classes that you use when you compile a file. This is needed so the compiler can check that you are using all the other methods and fields correctly. Let's go on to look at ClockView so we have a complete example. The ClockView class The last piece of the program is the class called ClockView. It contains everything related to the visual appearance of the clock on the screen.
You should only use char to hold character data or bit values. If you want a 16-bit quantity for calculations, don't use char, use short. If you ignore this advice, a cast (conversion) of a negative value into char will make the value magically become positive without the bits changing. If you cast that char value back to an int, the int will now have a positive value. That's a surefire way to introduce bugs into your code. example declaration: char testGrade; char middleInitial; range of values: a value in the Unicode code set 0 to 65,535 You have to cast a 32-or 64-bit result if you want to put it into a smaller result.