By James Weaver, Weiqi Gao, Stephen Chin, Dean Iverson, Johan Vos
In Pro JavaFX 2: A Definitive consultant to wealthy consumers with Java Technology, Jim Weaver, Weiqi Gao, Stephen Chin, Dean Iverson, and Johan Vos exhibit you the way you should use the JavaFX platform to create rich-client Java functions. You'll see how JavaFX presents a robust Java-based UI platform able to dealing with large-scale data-driven company applications.
overlaying the JavaFX API, improvement instruments, and most sensible practices, this booklet offers code examples that discover the intriguing new beneficial properties supplied with JavaFX 2. It includes attractive tutorials that disguise almost each aspect of JavaFX improvement and reference fabrics on JavaFX that increase the JavaFX API documentation. Written in a fascinating and pleasant type, Pro JavaFX 2 is a vital advisor to JavaFX 2.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * how you can start with JavaFX 2, together with downloading the SDK and to be had instruments.
* tips on how to convey person interfaces with a declarative-style enabled by means of the JavaFX builder sessions.
* the right way to use estate binding to maintain the UI simply in sync with the version.
* tips on how to use the wealthy set of JavaFX UI controls, charts, shapes, results, modifications, and animations to create beautiful, responsive, person interfaces.
* the right way to use the strong JavaFX format periods to outline the person interface in a cross-platform style.
* the right way to leverage the observable assortment periods to monitor alterations in, and bind to, Java collections.
* the right way to use the JavaFX media sessions to play audio and video.
* how one can engage with exterior program companies to create an company program with JavaFX.
* how you can use the JavaFX API with substitute languages akin to Scala, Groovy, and Visage.
* easy methods to discover the JavaFX APIs to no matter what measure you decide. The tutorials, reference fabrics, and tips to assets are exhaustive.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
software builders, photograph designers, and IT choice makers. not just does this ebook include accomplished technical info for builders and architects, it builds a compelling case for selecting JavaFX for internet functions and RIAs.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> * Getting a bounce begin in JavaFX
* making a person Interface in JavaFX
* houses and Bindings
* Dynamically Laying Out Nodes within the person Interface
* utilizing the JavaFX UI Controls
* Collections and Concurrency
* Creating Charts in JavaFX
* utilizing the Media sessions
* gaining access to net Services
* JavaFX Languages and Markup
* Appendix A: The Visage Language In-Depth
Read or Download Pro JavaFX 2: A Definitive Guide to Rich Clients with Java Technology PDF
Best java books
Java Programming 24-Hour coach, second version is the complete beginner's consultant to the Java programming language, with easy-to-follow classes and supplemental routines that assist you wake up and working fast. step by step guideline walks you thru the fundamentals of object-oriented programming, syntax, interfaces, and extra, ahead of construction upon your abilities to increase video games, internet apps, networks, and automations.
Fast and productively improve complicated Spring functions and microservices - out of the field - with minimum fuss on such things as configurations. This e-book will provide help to totally leverage the Spring Boot productiveness suite of instruments and the way to use them by using case stories. professional Spring Boot is your authoritative hands-on sensible advisor for expanding your Spring Framework-based firm Java and cloud program productiveness whereas lowering improvement time utilizing the Spring Boot productiveness suite of instruments.
The Java EE 6 instructional complicated themes, Fourth version, is a task-oriented, example-driven advisor to constructing firm functions for the Java Platform, company variation 6 (Java EE 6). Written by way of contributors of the Java EE 6 documentation workforce at Oracle, this publication presents new and intermediate Java programmers with a deep figuring out of the platform.
Extra info for Pro JavaFX 2: A Definitive Guide to Rich Clients with Java Technology
3. X is the Scene’s height. 51 CHAPTER 2 ■ CREATING A USER INTERFACE IN JAVAFX 4. Hover the mouse over the choice box dropdown and notice that it becomes slightly larger. Click the choice box and choose a cursor style in the list, noticing that the cursor changes to that style. Be careful with choosing NONE, as the cursor may disappear, and you’ll need to use the keyboard (or psychic powers while moving the mouse) to make it visible. 5. Drag the slider on the left, noticing that the fill color of the Scene changes and that the string at the top of the Scene reflects the red-green-blue (RGB) and opacity values of the current fill color.
AsString())); Controlling the Z-Order of the Stage In the event that you want your JavaFX application to appear on top of other windows or behind other windows onscreen, you can use the toFront() and toBack() methods, respectively. The following snippet from Listing 2-1 shows how this is accomplished. build() 49 CHAPTER 2 ■ CREATING A USER INTERFACE IN JAVAFX Closing the Stage and Detecting When It Is closed As shown in the following code snippet from Listing 2-1, you can programmatically close the Stage with its close() method.
Looking again at the code in the change listener, you’ll see that the value of the selectedDBs property changes, which as you may recall, is bidirectionally bound to the slider. This is why the slider moves when you select a genre in the combo box. Go ahead and test this out by running the Audio Config program. ■ Note Associating the items property of the ChoiceBox with an ObservableList causes the items in the ChoiceBox to be automatically updated when the elements in the underlying collection are modified.